Melbourne retailers are joining forces for the biggest shopping festival the city has ever seen.
Over 1,000 retail stores across four city blocks will unite for 'Shop The City', running from 10am to 10pm on May 18.
Emporium Melbourne, Melbourne's GPO, Melbourne Central, QV Melbourne, The Strand Melbourne and the recently opened St Collins Lane has all enlisted for the initiative.
Participating retailers will provide shoppers with one-off bespoke experience events and exclusive discounts on a wide selection of local and international brands.
This event aims to position the Melbourne CBD as the most exciting retail destination in Australia.
Highlights from the schedule include:
- The centre will house an open cocktail bar from 2pm to 4pm and 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
- Iconic designers Jenny Kee and Linda Jackson will join a discussion series from 5pm to 6pm.
- Polaroid Australia will snap the best street style looks from 10am to 10pm.
- Le Bar du Centrale will team with Hendricks Gin for a pop-up gin cocktail activation.
- Korean brand Milkcow will stage a pop-up on the steps of Melbourne GPO from 6pm to 9pm.
- QV Melbourne will offer free undercover parking from 5pm until midnight.
- Melbourne Martini will stage a laneway party with live music and giveaways.
The Strand Melbourne
- A free fashion & beauty question session will be staged from 6.30pm, featuring make-up artist Tre Dallas, Habbot shoes founder Annie Abbott and Brow Theory founder Bridget Culliney.