The Iconic has released its 'Year in Fashion Report' to mark the end of 2018.
Key insights from the report revealed that:
Shoppers have spent 28 years on the site in 2018.
Australian and New Zealand shoppers have spent the equivalent of 28 years browsing on The Iconic.
That is the equivalent of 10,400 days, 15 million minutes or close to a billion seconds.
Vintage sneakers were the top selling item.
The Old Skool Vans in black and white was the top selling item of 2018.
Other top selling sneakers included the Superga 2750 Cotu Classic in unisex white, Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox in optical white and Adidas Originals Superstar in white and core black.
Shoppers stuck to purchasing monochrome classics.
Australian and New Zealand shoppers filled their baskets with classic t-shirts and tanks in black, white and grey.
The C&M Camilla and Marc's iconic logo tees and tanks were on the top purchased items list for women.
The Tommy Hilfiger may crew-neck t-shirt was the most popular menswear item of the year.
Other top insights revealed:
- 73% of online shoppers who purchased from The Iconic's designer range are 35 and under and 24% were under the age of 24.
- Sydneysiders accounted for a third of all designer range purchases.
- Six out of the ten pieces in the top purchased items list for women are by Camilla & Marc.
- The quickest delivery time recorded from order to door was 18 minutes.
- Since launching its image-search app feature, Snap to Shop, earlier this year, 60,000 people have already used it when looking for new brands or products.
- The top five most popular accessories for men in 2018 were all watches.
- Rottnest Island was The Iconic's most western delivery point, while Cape Byron was its most easterly delivery point. It also delivered to Norfolk Island, Lord Howe Island and Thursday Island.
- Year on year, Brisbane was the fastest growing city in terms of orders with nearly 30% YOY growth compared with 2017. Adelaide tracked closely behind.
The Iconic's CEO Patrick Schmidt said that 2018 was its biggest year yet.
“Without a doubt, 2018 has been The Iconic's biggest and best year yet.
“Not only did our customers spent almost a billion seconds shopping with us, we gave them access to over 300 new brands (that's almost one new brand every single day), proudly launched The Iconic kids and introduced or our big and tall range for 'brawn' men.
“We've continued building the most seamless and inspiring shopping experience for our customers with tech innovations such as 'Follow the Brand' and image-based app search, 'Snap to Shop', and who could forget our recent 2018 swim show – our most body positive and inclusive runway show to date.
“This year was truly incredible and I can't thank our team enough for their achievements, but the best is yet to come from The Iconic for our customers – look out 2019, we're coming for you.”